Download My Resume | View PDF Version of Portfolio
Sr. UX Lead
EasyMarkit (2016.11 – Current), Vancouver BC
- Lead UX initiative and work collaboratively as part of the Agile process.
- Work closely with a cross-functional team that includes engineers and product managers to create simple, easy to use cloud-based software.
- Defining product requirements based on client insights and UX perspectives.
- Redesign and Develop high-level concepts for features and functionality, and document through the creation of wireframes, user flows, site maps and prototypes.
- Utilize UX research strategies and frameworks to make decisions about design (Information Architecture, Wire-framing, User Testing, etc.)
- Defined UX process, created workflow, designed wireframes and prepared high-fidelity mockups to communicate the design and detail interaction to stakeholders and DEV teams.
Sr. Interaction Designer
TriNet (2013.09 – 2016.11), Vancouver BC
- Formed the first User Experience team for the company that provides Human Resource solutions to more than 13,000 clients and manages more than $31 million in Payroll.
- Led and mentored Interaction Designers and Visual Designers.
- Designed Information Architecture and provided unified navigation solutions for seamless connection between multiple product lines, verticals, and cloud apps.
- Created workflows and brand new user experience for different apps based on legal and business requirements including HRPassport, Payroll, Benefits, Expense, Onboarding, Employee Management, Roles and Security, Accounting Integration and etc.
- Defined processes, created workflows, designed wireframes and prepared high-fidelity mockups to communicate design and detail interaction to stakeholders and DEV teams.
- Focused on bringing common initiatives on workflows, interaction, and styling; Established common components library and unified styling guidelines ensuring a consistent look and feel of product and repeatable process.
- Provided UX/UI design using responsive design approach on web/tablet/mobile applications to achieve common experience cross multiple platforms.
- Worked closely with Product Manager, Product Owner, Developer, and QE on multiple projects in an agile environment.
- Conducted usability testing to validate designs and workflows with clients.
Sage (2009.02 – 2013.09), Richmond BC
- User experience design for multiple ERP products on multiple platforms (including desktop, web and mobile applications).
- Worked closely with Product Management, Business Analyst, Development teams in an agile development process, preparing wireframes, workflow charts and design specifications based on business requirements and use cases.
- Provided visual design and delivered high fidelity mockups for various ERP products’ UIs according to different generations of Sage Branding mandate. In addition, prepared detail visual spec and guidelines for implementation.
- Established Sage North American interaction guidelines and visual guidelines for bringing design consistency across multiple Sage products.
- Designed and implemented clickable prototypes for usability testing; Conducted usability sessions and analysis study results.
Simon Fraser University (2006.09 – 2008.09), Burnaby BC
- Designed and performed a comparative research study in related to designing tangible spatial games for children sponsored by NSERC.
- Conducted several research studies on tangible user interfaces.
- Evaluated and analyzed computational systems through comprehensive research methods.
- Designed and created conference posters, wiki, and research websites for research projects.
- Successfully presented at TEI conference and workshop and had one publication archived in ACM Press.
- Research study on how drawing can contribute to children’s expression and spatial exploration.
Web UI Designer
Cyber Media Network (2005.09 – 2008.10), Burnaby BC
- Established new information architecture based on the understanding of the business, market and media.
- Redesigned and implemented the new design for the entire website.
- Rebranded corporate identity based on the understanding of the business strategies.
- Customized web-based advertising banners, company logos, and promotional items.
- Designed clients’ web banners for advertising
Stitches Create (2004.03 – 2005.09), Vancouver BC
- Planned and created Canadian souvenir garments for local tourism market.
- Designed marketing strategy for Sesame Street kids’ souvenir garments resulting in increased revenue of 30%.
- Created promotional flyers, product catalogue, brochure and promotional items.
- Executed the distribution of flyers, catalogues, newsletters in a timely manner.
- Coordinated garment production, supervised digitizing and supported supply chain.
Team Leader/Project Leader
iUniverse (2000.07 – 2003.06), Shanghai, China
- Built the Cover Template Design System to successfully achieve automatic production process resulted in doubling team’s productivity.
- Provided necessary on-site coaching along with proper quality control measures for ensuring the project launched on time and running within budget.
- Maintained and updated the Cover Template Project system database.
- Coached and trained the user-centered-design group to use Cover Template Project system.
- Documented CTP system specs, and prepared training materials for team members to follow the standard working process.
MSc., Interactive Arts and Technology
Simon Fraser University 2008.06
- Thesis: Comparing Children’s Enjoyment and Engagement Using Physical, Graphical and Tangible User Interfaces
- Publication of Conference TEI08 Conference on Tangible and Embedded Interaction 2008, Bonn, Germany, February 18 – 21, 2008; Are tangibles more fun?: comparing children’s enjoyment and engagement using physical, graphical and tangible user interfaces. ACM New York, NY, USA ©2008
- Sharable Interfaces Workshop, Milton Keynes, UK (Workshop)
Bachelor of Engineering, Industrial Design
Shanghai Jiao Tong University 2000.06
- Major in Visual Arts, Coursework includes Human Computer Interaction, Ergonomics, Graphic Design, Production Design, Printing Production, Corporate Identity and Advertising
- Projects includes Photography, 3D Modeling, Display design, Interior design, Book design and etc.
BBA, International Business
Shanghai Jiao Tong University 2000.06
- Double Bachelor degree, secondary major on IFC.
- UX Certificate – Certified by Nielsen Norman Group 2015.09.
- Scrum Master – Certified by Scrum Alliance 2010.10
- Product Owner – Certified by Scrum Alliance 2010.10
- Expertise with Sketch, Clark, and Adobe Creative Suite products.
- Building clickable prototype using Invision.
- Strong Experience of Agile Development, Lean UX, Responsive Design and Mobile First approaches.
- Jira, Confluence, wiki, version one.
- Strong Experience on Design Thinking and Customer Driven Design Methodologies.
- User research, Usability Testing and Prototyping skills.
- Knowledge of CSS, HTML, Sencha Ext JS Kitchen Sink, AngularJS, and etc.
- Knowledge of statistic tools, including SPSS and EXCEL.
- Strong communication skills and warm team-player.